Audiology vs. Audio Tech or Engineer

Audiology is the study of hearing and balance. Audiologists are allied health care providers who evaluate individuals whose primary complaints are hearing or balance related. This is a relatively new field which explains why there might be some confusion as to what audiologists do. I have had three inquiries recently that asked for my forensic services in evaluating recorded tapes for possible tampering. As interesting as that might be, it really does not fall into the scope of practice of audiologists, rather an audio technician or engineer should be consulted. Hopefully this helps clarify the issue.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.